4.29.2009

I am not very good at this

So...it has been like four weeks...I think. I'm not planning on checking the dates any time soon. Maybe I should. I should also probably start writing this more often because...well it is Days in the life.....and well...not very day-like.

School sucks at this point. End of the year, and exams are coming up and all of the seniors are talking about graduation and how they have to take exams or not (if they have an A for the second semester they don't have to). And this is really getting on my nerves...I have several more days and I don't want to listen to their optimism. I personally have another year of this crap...and then college.

But for now, I simply have to concentrate on this research paper for English. And seriously, could I have a more boring topic? Sure...parts of it were interesting, but mostly, I just want to get it over with. So after three hours of writing and reorganizing notes, I have a rough draft. Which I now have to turn in to be critiqued by my teacher. Then I have to fix it, and turn it in again with everything we have done so far: A controlling statement, a preliminary works cited, a preliminary outline, note cards (from at least five sources), an outline, a rough draft, and a final copy (5-7 pages, typed, double-spaced size 12-font). I have never had a teacher so finicky as this one. She doesn't like handwritten work at all, saying that it is sloppy and that she can't read most of it. Which I sort of agree with. And I probably should be printing out the rough draft and organizing my notes again to turn it tomorrow. Then I should be getting sleep or some other fickle thing.

But I am not tired and I don't have any drive to do so. Sort of. There is that tiny little prickly thing in the back of my mind that says "print it off...." over and over and over again. I am trying to ignore it.

I made a crocheted a pencil case the other day. I needed something to keep them all together because I despise searching through my purse for what I need. It was pretty simple, really. I used some yarn that was left over from a hat I made my sister the past winter and a G hook.

Row 1: Chain 25, chain 1 more, dc in first chain from the end.
Row 2: Dc to the end (25 st) ch 2
Row 3: This one is a little more confusing. Starting on one side, fdc across, ch 1, turn around and fdc on that side as well. sl st together and ch 2.
Row 4: Dc all the way around, DO NOT CLOSE THE SPACE BETWEEN THE SIDES OF ROW 3! Sl St.
Row 5 - 8: repeat 4. This is sort of like working in the round...I think, but a little different.
Row 9: turn it inside out and sl st the top together, about halfway. On one side slp 3, ch 3, sl st in next 4, ch 3, sl st in next 3, ch 3, sl st 3, ch 2, sl st. Here is where a crocheted flower can go to hook onto the other side, a button can also be sewn on, if you would like. Now sl st 3 more, ch 2, sl st 4, ch 2, sl st 3 and tie off.

This is the end and you now have a pencil case....that kind of resembles a shoe, but for all intents and purposes holds your pencils. Feedback?

1 comment:

  1. Ruthie, you are so funny. I love you and wish you were on this side of the country. Maybe soon we can get together again. Miss you tons, Erin

    ReplyDelete